Specific CO2 emissions of new cars
- Large discrepancy in the specific emission of new cars among countries: a 30% gap between the two extreme groups of countries: from 107 gCO2/km (3 lowest average) to 130 gCO2/km (3 highest).
- 119 gCO2/km for EU average in 2017.
- 12 countries below 120 gCO2/km (Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark, Greece, France, Malta, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Finland and Slovenia)
- All countries below the mandatory limit of 130g for 2015 for cars manufacturers, excepting Estonia.
Specific CO2 emissions of new cars (2017)
- Rapid progress since 2007 in all countries, especially in Netherlands, Greece, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, and Ireland (above 3.5%/year)
- Progress due to the spread of smaller vehicles, with the implementation of national policies and standards for car manufacturers.
Trends in the specific emissions of new cars