Average energy consumption per dwelling
- Decreasing energy consumption per dwelling in almost all countries (above 1.1 %/year at EU level since 2000)
- Stronger reduction since 2008 in most countries (-1.3%/year at EU level)
- Values in a range of 1 to 2 toe/dwelling (1.4 toe for the EU average in 2017) (values not adjusted to the same climate).
Average consumption per dwelling (at normal climate)
Variation of the average consumption per dwelling (normal climate)
- The comparison between countries is more relevant if the heating consumption is adjusted to the same climate (EU average).
- After adjustment to the EU average climate, Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy, Hungary or France for instance turn out to have the highest consumption.
Average consumption per dwelling (adjusted to EU climate)