- Increasing trends for international energy prices since 2016.
- The period 2012-2016 was marked by a significant drop in prices after the sharp rise driven by the financial crisis.
- In 2018, prices are around twice times higher for oil and gas than in 1990.
International energy prices (EU)
• Very rapid increase of average end-use energy prices by sector between 2000 and 2012 (around 60%).
• Since 2012, rapid decrease of the average energy prices for final consumers (-3%/year), mainly in transport (-5%/year for motor fuels) and industry (-3%/year). Moderate reduction for households (-1%/year).
Average energy prices by sector (EU)
Energy prices by sector (at constant prices): weighted average prices by energy (electricity, gas, fuel, coal) on the basis of energy market shares.