Impact of structural changes on final intensity
- Structural changes only explain 15% of the final intensity decrease since 2000 (even less since 2007).
- Structural changes are mainly due to structural changes within industry to less energy intensive branches
Impact of structural changes on the final intensity (EU)
Contribution of structural changes (EU)
- Most countries have moved to less energy intensive sectors .
- In almost 1/4 of EU countries structural changes explained more than 20% of the final energy intensity decrease.
- In some countries, such as Sweden, Finland, Spain, Greece and Austria, they explain more than 50% of the intensity decrease.
Impact of structural changes on the final intensity in EU countries (2005-2015)
Note: Final energy intensity at normal climate (cc)