- Peak increases of the prices in 2000 (only for Brent), 2008 and 2012-2013.
- Drop in international fuel prices in 2009 (e.g. -37% for oil)
- Since 2012, global decreasing trends for international energy prices.
- In 2015, prices are around 1.5-2 times higher for oil and gas than in 1990.
International energy prices (EU)
- Very rapid increase of the end-use energy prices since 1990 (around 30%).
- Since 2012, rapid decrease of energy prices (-5.7%/year), mainly for motor fuels (-9%/year), for households (-4%/year) followed by industry (-2.8%/year).
Average real energy prices by sector (EU)
Energy prices by sector: weighted average prices by energy (electricity, gas, fuel, coal) on the basis of energy market shares.