This project gathers representatives from the 28 EU Member States plus Norway. It aims at monitoring energy efficiency trends and measures in Europe, using on two complementary internet databases: ODYSSEE on energy efficiency / CO2 indicators, including detailed data on energy consumption, activities and related CO2-emissions (around 1000 data series by country) and MURE on energy efficiency policy measures, including their impact (around 2000 measures).
First meeting of the project “ODYSSEE-MURE, a decision support tool for energy efficiency policy evaluation” (08/09 September 2016).
Presentations available here.
First webinar on Energy Efficiency Trends in Industry in the EU, now available in pdf and video.
- What is the concept of Energy Efficiency Networks?
- How do Energy Efficiency Networks help to dismantle the barriers to energy efficiency?
- What are the success factors of Energy Efficiency Networks?
Economic instruments vs testing standards in road
- Does the ‘dieselgate’ scandal prove that legislated fuel efficiency or emission standards for motor vehicles have many weaknesses that make them ineffective?
- Should we insist on making regulations ever more stringent in order to enforce compliance with energy efficiency or environmental legislation?
- Are economic policy instruments such as fuel/carbon taxes or emissions trading equally effective at lower costs?
Energy Efficiency and the Public Sector
- What is the role of public sector in energy efficiency?
- What are the barriers for energy efficiency in the public sector in its own operations?
- What are the most effective policies in the public sector in its own operations?