Average energy consumption per dwelling
- Decreasing energy consumption per dwelling in almost all countries (above 1.3 %/year at EU level since 2000)
- Stronger reduction since 2008 in most countries (-1.8%/year at EU level)
- Values in a range of 1 to 2 toe/dwelling (1.4 toe for the EU average)
Average consumption per dwelling (at normal climate)
Variation of the average consumption per dwelling (normal climate)
- The comparison between countries is more relevant if the heating consumption is adjusted to the same climate (EU average).
- After adjustment to the EU average climate, Spain, Greece or France for instance turns out to have the highest consumption.
Average consumption per dwelling (adjusted to EU climate)