First meeting, Zagreb, April 25-26, 2023Archives:
- Third meeting, Zagreb (virtual), November 15-16, 2021
- Second meeting, Sofia (virtual), November 12, 2020
- First meeting, Berlin, December 16-17, 2019
Dissemination at EU and international level
- DGEN: Two experts of the ODYSSEE-MURE consortium (Didier Bosseboeuf and Wolfgang Eichhammer) have been appointed by DGEN to present during the expert group meeting on evaluation of energy policies.
Presentations - 12 September 2019 - Evaluating EE policies through energy efficiency indicators:
- EnR club (gathering of the European energy efficiency agencies): The coordinator has presented the status of implementation and the results of the project in four occasions:
- EEA (European Environmental Agency): There is a long-lasting cooperation between the EEA and the ODYSSEE-MURE project. Generally, the ODYSSEE project provides some data for the reporting of the EEA. However, in the recent years due to the leave of a key expert, no particular exchange was done. Fortunately, a new expert in charge of energy efficiency at the EEA has been nominated (Stephan Quefelec). It was the occasion to renew concrete contact and two bilateral meetings have been organised to exchange on which area we can cooperate. It appears that EEA still needs the ODYSSEE data for the reporting in particular for the building sector. Also, interesting, EEA would like to take advantage of our experience in developing and managing the policy database (MURE) for the reshaping of its own “climate change policies” database (contact Magdalena Jazwicka). In addition, we agreed that experts will be invited during relevant meetings. It was the case for the regional meeting of September 2020.
- JRC: ODYSSEE and MURE data have been transferred to JRC for their own analysis and reporting in particular for their NECP’s review.
- H2020 and DGEN projects: The ODYSSEE & MURE databases are used in several EU funded project as a basis of their data collection (EPATEE, DGENER Assessment tool, ENEFIRST etc.)
- IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) - Virtual Regional Training Course on Assessing Demand-side Contributions to Energy and Climate Strategies. Presentation “Energy Efficiency Policies & Measures in the EU: The ODYSSEE-MURE Project” (11 November 2020).
- ISO: The ODYSSEE coordinator was appointed as the convenor of the ISO 500049 standard on “energy saving calculation for country, regions and cities”. This standard has been recently finalised and published end of the year 2020 both in English and French. The ODYSSEE methodology has been referred several times and the methodology used in this standard strongly relies on the ODYSSEE methodology.
- UN-CEPAL the BIEE-ROSE programme: Since 2016, ADEME is the scientific advisor of the BIEE project on monitoring energy efficiency in the Latin American countries. Since January 2020, a new programme has been launched on “the monitoring of the energy OSD7 goal of the United Nations in Latin America (BIEE ROSE Regional Observatory on Sustainable Energy). The most important point is that along this initiative, a new database on energy efficiency policy is currently developed and start to be implemented, based on the MURE database which have been customised for this occasion.
- ADEME-IEA: Under the G20 energy group ADEME is co-chairing an initiative so-called EEUDM (Energy End use Data and Metrics). Two workshops gathering high ranked national statisticians dealing with energy efficiency monitoring from 12 to 15 15 countries have been organised. The first one in Paris under the hosting of and the second one (virtual) hosted by the Canadian governments. At this occasion, the ODYSSEE project have been several times mentioned and presented.
- ONPE (French observatory on fuel poverty): The ODYSSEE-MURE coordinator has been appointed as chairman of the Europe WG of ONPE. The ODYSSEE-project has been presented on December 3rd, 2019 (see agenda and presentations in D.5.9). Also, the MURE data base is also used by the consultant to select the policies on fuel poverty that will be analysed in a forthcoming brochure dealing with “good practices on policies to fight fuel poverty in Europe.
- ECEEE 2019 (7 June 2019) and ECEEE 2021 (7-11 June 2021): Presentation of the European Energy Efficiency Scoreboard at the solutions workshop at eceee 2019 including panel discussion with international experts. The update of the Scoreboard was presented in the Plenary Session of the eceee Summer Study 2021 (see task 5.10).
- BAFA “Energietage” 2019 (1 October 2019): Presentation of decomposition facility in the frame of European Energy policy.
- Presentation of ODYSSEE-MURE at the IEA workshop “Benchmarking in energy intensive industries” (Session 1, Session 2, Session 4) and the IEA workshop “G20 Energy End-Use Data and Energy Efficiency Metrics initiative” (21/22 November 2019 Paris)
- Presentation of the EU Energy Efficiency Scoreboard at the Motor Summit Switzerland 2021 (3 November 2021)
- Presentation of ODYSSEE-MURE at the REIC Summer School 2021 (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
- Presentation of ODYSSEE-MURE on the Sustainable Energy Week 2021 (Day 2, 26 October 2021)
- Presentation of ODYSSEE-MURE on the ECEEE webinar 2021 (15 December 2021)